Adidas Yeezys are among the most popular sneakers in the market today. The shoes, designed in collaboration with Kanye West, have taken the world by storm with their unique style and comfortable feel. However, like any other shoe, Yeezys are prone to getting dirty and losing their appeal. Therefore, knowing how to clean Adidas Yeezys shoes is crucial to maintaining quality and extending lifespan.
This article will discuss the most effective methods for cleaning Adidas Yeezys shoes. We will cover both the basic cleaning and the deep cleaning methods, as well as the dos and don’ts of cleaning Yeezys. So, whether you’re a seasoned sneakerhead or just someone who loves to rock a fresh pair of kicks, this article will guide you on how to keep your Yeezys looking and feeling new. They provide discount and deal on all service.
Basic Cleaning Methods
Before delving into the deep cleaning methods, it is essential to understand the basic cleaning methods that you can use to keep your Yeezys clean. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Remove Dirt and Debris
The first step is removing dirt and debris from the shoes’ surface. You can do this by using a soft-bristled brush or a damp cloth. Avoid using hard brushes or scrubbers that may damage the shoe’s surface.
Step 2: Prepare the Cleaning Solution
Next, prepare the cleaning solution by mixing warm water with mild soap. You can also use specialized sneaker cleanings products such as Jason Markk or Crep Protect. However, ensure that your cleaning solution is safe for your Yeezys.
Step 3: Clean the Shoes
Dip the soft-bristled brush or cloth in the cleaning solution and gently scrub the shoes’ surface. Avoid using too much water that may damage the shoe’s material. Instead, use a small cleaning solution and repeat the process until you’re satisfied with the results.
Step 4: Dry the Shoes
After cleaning the shoes, use a dry cloth to remove excess water from the shoes’ surface. Then, stuff the shoes with paper towels or shoe trees to maintain their shape and speed up drying. Finally, allow the shoes to air dry away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
Deep Cleaning Methods
If the basic cleaning methods are insufficient to remove tough stains and dirt, you can opt for deep cleaning. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Remove Laces and Insoles
Before deep cleaning the shoes, remove the laces and insoles. This will allow you to clean the shoes’ surface more effectively and avoid damaging the laces and insoles.
Step 2: Spot Clean Stains
Use a specialized stain remover or a mixture of warm water and mild soap to spot clean any stains on the shoes’ surface. Apply the cleaning solution on the stain and use a soft-bristled brush or cloth to gently scrub the area. Then, use a damp cloth to wipe off any excess cleaning solution.
Step 3: Clean the Shoes
Use a soft-bristled brush or cloth to apply the cleaning solution on the shoes’ surface. Gently scrub the shoes, paying more attention to the areas with tough stains and dirt. Then, use a damp cloth to wipe off any excess cleaning solution.
Step 4: Dry the Shoes
After cleaning the shoes, use a dry cloth to remove
any excess water from the shoes’ surface. Then, stuff the shoes with paper towels or shoe trees to maintain their shape and speed up the drying process. Finally, allow the shoes to air dry away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning Yeezys
Now that we’ve covered the basic and deep cleaning methods, here are some dos and don’ts to keep in mind when cleaning your Yeezys:
- Use a soft-bristled brush or cloth when cleaning the shoes to avoid damaging the surface.
- Use a mild cleaning solution that is safe for your Yeezys.
- Stuff the shoes with paper towels or shoe trees when drying to maintain their shape.
- Air dry the shoes away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Clean the shoes regularly to prevent dirt and stains from building up.
- Do not use a washing machine or dryer to clean your Yeezys as this may damage the shoes’ material.
- Do not use bleach or any harsh cleaning agents that may discolor or damage the shoes.
- Do not use too much water when cleaning the shoes as this may affect the shoes’ quality and shape.
- Do not scrub the shoes too hard as this may damage the surface or design.
How to Prevent Future Stains and Dirt
Prevention is always better than cure, and the same applies to keeping your Yeezys clean. Here are some tips to prevent future stains and dirt:
- Avoid wearing your Yeezys in muddy or wet areas.
- Apply a water and stain repellent spray on your Yeezys to protect them from dirt and stains.
- Use sneaker shields or toe boxes to prevent creasing and discoloration.
- Store your Yeezys in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
Adidas Yeezys are a great addition to your shoe collection, but they require proper care and maintenance to keep them looking and feeling new. By following the basic and deep cleaning methods, dos and don’ts, and prevention tips, you can extend your Yeezys’ lifespan and maintain their quality.
- Can I use a toothbrush to clean my Yeezys? Yes, you can use a toothbrush with soft bristles to clean your Yeezys. However, avoid using too much pressure when scrubbing the shoes.
- Can I use a hairdryer to dry my Yeezys? No, it’s not advisable to use a hairdryer or any heat source to dry your Yeezys as this may damage the shoes’ material and shape.
- Can I use a magic eraser to clean my Yeezys? It’s not recommended to use a magic eraser to clean your Yeezys as this may damage the surface and color of the shoes.
- How often should I clean my Yeezys? It’s recommended to clean your Yeezys after every use or at least once a week to prevent dirt and stains from building up.
- Can I wear my Yeezys in the rain? It’s not advisable to wear your Yeezys in the rain or wet areas as this may damage the shoes’ material and affect their quality.